Our partnership with the Orleans Southwest Supervisory Union (1100 students in six schools), focuses on strengthening and expanding place-based and food systems education.
We work closely with various stakeholder groups to bring local and regional resources to bear in support of these efforts. Strengthening school/community connections is a cornerstone of this work and key to a sustainable cultural shift toward improved education, community health, and economic vitality.
Project areas include:
- Advocacy and support for expanding local food procurement in values-based school meals programs
- Curating professional development opportunities for teachers and staff
- Collaborations with school leaders to do visioning and strategic planning work
- Connecting teachers to community resources (farm field trips, internship opportunities, etc.)
- Expanding opportunities for youth entrepreneurship and workforce development
- Building systems for evaluating and communicating the impact and value of place-based learning in the OSSU
OSSU We See You! is a blog posting that covers current events for our district. Please take a look at the ongoing activities and trainings and content that our teachers, students and community shares!