Just Cut Kitchen Staff Job Opening
Kitchen Staff for preparing produce needed
The Center for an Agricultural Economy (CAE) is seeking a team member for our Just Cut team. Just Cut is a social enterprise at CAE that prepares locally sourced produce for use in institutional kitchens. The primary responsibility is to ensure the safe, efficient and cleanly processing and packaging of raw produce products into value-added products for institutions and bulk buyers.
Summary of Position
Position: Kitchen Staff
Reports to: Just Cut Program Manager
Part-time, 25-32 hours per week
Compensation: Hourly, beginning at $15.00/hr, with opportunity for increase plus CAE’s benefits package
Work site: CAE’s facility the Vermont Food Venture Center
Just Cut is an innovative social enterprise of the Center for an Agricultural Economy that provides institutions and individuals direct access to high-quality, ready-to-use produce. Our unique model connects the abundant yields of Vermont farms to food buyers of any scale. We provide opportunities for food growers to reach new markets and maximize their farm’s potential.
This position will work directly with:
- Just Cut Program Manager
- Just Cut Production Manager
- Just Cut Crew Leader
- Facilities Manager
- Prepare, package, and ship weekly fresh and frozen Just-Cut product orders (particularly beets, cabbage, potatoes, and carrots).
- Ability to work in an industrial kitchen setting; warehouse inventory lifting, physical capability to move foodstuffs, dry goods, work in hot and cold settings, and work with food processing equipment is a necessity.
- Communicate all irregularities to the Just Cut Supervisor and follow all food safety protocols as communicated by Just Cut Supervisor or Facilities Manager (i.e. equipment malfunction, materials below par level, staff injuries, etc.).
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness throughout production kitchens and warehouse.
Skills: We’re looking for an individual that will add productivity to our kitchen team and will need to have the ability to:
- Lift up to 60lbs and work on your feet.
- Take directions quickly and efficiently and be able to follow established procedures.
- Be detail oriented, and focused on specific tasks to completion.
- Reliable, communicative with co-workers and carry out repetitive tasks.
Building community leadership, investing in relationships, and listening to the needs of the community are core principles CAE applies to all of our work. We encourage anyone interested in this position to reach out with any questions they may have before applying. CAE strives to foster an inclusive and supportive staff culture where learning and growth are supported. CAE believes an equitable food system is one with empowered communities that are socially and economically thriving with shared mutual goals.
Background on CAE
CAE was founded in 2004 to build a regenerative, just, and healthy local food system that creates socially thriving and economically vital rural communities. We do this through a range of programs which provide the infrastructure, education, and connectivity to forward our goals. Our approach is rooted in understanding specific community needs, and collaborating with local, regional, and statewide partners across sectors for long-term transformation and resilience.
CAE operates multiple food hub enterprises, the Vermont Food Venture Center a full service incubator facility, Just Cut for farm-to-institution production and Farm Connex a food delivery service. Our community programs are focused in the greater Hardwick area and include the Grow Your Own food independence collaboration with the Hardwick Area Food Pantry and Place-Based Education collaboration with our local schools.
TO APPLY: Send resume and contact information for 2 references by email to Lotty Roozekrans: firstname.lastname@example.org