We’re looking for the right mix of production and management skills to add to our Farm to Institution Social Enterprise project! If you know food safety, have a background in industrial kitchen and farm work, we’d love to hear from you!
This program is a mission-based market-development program, which we have been working on for a number of years. We work with partners across Vermont -like Intervale Food Hub, Green Mountain Farm Direct, Black River Produce, UVM/Sodexo, and more - as well as with our local farm partners. This social enterprise program seeks to meet three goals:
- We provide a new market and a diverse revenue stream to our Farm Partners.
- We make a convenient and healthy product, sourced locally, and assist with marketing, for our Institutional Partners.
- We leverage the power of the local food supply chain to support local foods getting to everyone who eats at institutions!
Our Farm to Institution Minimal Processing Program makes washed, chopped, fresh and frozen local farm veggies for colleges, hospitals, schools and other institutions.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Farm to Institution Production Manager is a critical role in our social enterprise program. Specific Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the production planning process on site, working with the Accounts Manager and VFVC Facilities Director to manage logistics, shipping and receiving.
- Track and manage raw inventory, communicating with Farm Partners on delivery, quality and more.
- Oversee the preparation, packaging, and shipment of weekly Just-Cut product orders
- Work with Accounts Manager to adjust sales goals to increase production efficiency.
- Train, monitor, and educate any and all crew members and staff working in the kitchens on proper food safety practices.
Please download the Job Description:
To apply: Send your resume, and letter of interest to Sarah Waring - sarah(at)hardwickagriculture.org