9th Annual Kingdom Farm and Food Days
Join us for the ninth annual Kingdom Farm and Food Days event at Atkins Field on Friday, August 17, coinciding with the Hardwick Farmers Market!
We will have baby goats and bunnies! A wooden toy maker will be demonstrating his craft, as well as blacksmiths, and a chance for children to try their hand at fiber arts with art teacher Beth LeCours. Eden Ice Cider will be on hand with varieties of heritage apples to taste - as well as their incredible ice ciders! Green Mountain Farm to School will be putting on a scavenger hunt. We regret that our draft horse cannot make it this year due to a family emergency of his owner's - but there will still be lots to do and animals to see! Hope you can join the fun!
Kingdom Farm and Food Days continues over the weekend. This is a celebration of the Northeast Kingdom’s vibrant agricultural community! Explore the region’s farms with tours, tastings, flowers, alpacas, maple products, scavenger hunts, and so much more.
• Jed’s Maple Products in Derby offers maple and birch syrup tastings, a sugar woods walk, and a paint and sip. Events all week!
• Caledonia Spirits distillery offers tastes and tours, open daily from 12-5, all week
• Pete’s Greens offers farm tours and food provided by the Craftsbury Outdoor Center - Saturday, August 18, 11 to 3.
• Butterworks Farm in Westfield offers farm tours and smoothies at the farm , 12-4
• Snowshoe Farm Alpacas in Peacham, fiber fest. .
• Sterling College tours afternoon with a chance to walk up to the heritage gardens to hear about the Abenaki Dawnland Heritage Garden Project
• Open Farm Day at Ardelia Farm in Irasburg Sunday, August 19, 10 – 2. Free pastries and farm tours. Tons of flowers, bring your camera!
We look forward to sharing our stories with you. The Northeast Kingdom has lots to offer!