The Vermont Agency of Agriculture regulates Dairy Products. Start your process by contacting Greg Lockwood, Dairy Product Program Supervisor, 802-917-3994.
The limits on selling raw milk include:
- Raw Milk may be sold directly direct to consumers. Farmers may sell less than 12.5 gallons per day on the farm. If they wish to deliver or sell more than 12.5 gallons, they must register as a Tier II raw milk seller.
- If the farmer is selling more than 350 quarts per week, the milk must be tested twice per month.
- The maximum amount a farmer can sell if 1400 quarts per week.
All raw milk sellers must:
- Label their product according to VAA guidelines.
- Come from animals that meet the health guidelines
- Maintain a list of transactions for at least one year with customers names, date of purchase and amount purchased
For a full list of details, view the guidelines on the Vermont law